Sunday, January 28, 2007

Chocolate Marshmallow Cupcakes with Marsmallow Cream

Marshmallow attracts me so much…But I can count with just my left hand how much time I ever had chance to eat it in my whole life, especially in my childhood (what a pity…:p). It cost so much that I couldn’t bought it with my own pocket money at that time. But today’s cost still doesn’t make it reachable, around $4 for a pack of 120 grams! Gggrrrrhh…

I bought a pack for my next project: Marshmallow Whipped Cream for chocolate cupcakes topping. These recipes came from different source, Chocolate Cupcake from Suyinhuen and Marshmallow Topping from Maria’s Kitchen. I’m so sorry I could not link it because I forgot their address. I’ll make time to search for them again.

From the only pack of marshmallow, 2 cups reserved for making topping and the residue (around ½ cup) stirred into the cupcake batter. In general, cupcake results are good, but not too special. But the topping is great, chocolaty melty richy!

Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
makes 13 regular cupcakes
220g dark chocolate broken into small chunks(minimum 70% cocoa content)
250g butter
3 large eggs
200gms sugar
1 1/4 cup plain flour
1 pinch salt
Marshmallows - for an added touch of melted gooey goodness!

1. Melt chocolate and butter in a microwavable bowl. Heat for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds.
2. Cream eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl till pale and fluffy.
3. Beat in the smooth chocolate mixture and add in the flour and salt.
4. Beat for another 1-2 minutes till well combined.
5. Spoon into cupcake molds/cases and bake for 10-15 minutes in preheated 180 degree oven. They should still be soft and wobbly in the centers. If using mini muffin pan; bake for 6-7 minutes.
Marshmallow Topping:
2 cups Miniature Marshmallows, divided
1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
1/4 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
1. Place 2 cups of the marshmallows, chocolate chunks and milk in large saucepan; cook on low heat until marshmallows and chocolate are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring constantly. Cool at least 30 minutes.
2. Beat heavy cream until fluffy, gently stir into marshmallow mixture.
Assemble:
Frost cupcakes with whipped topping mixture; sprinkle with chocolate rice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments: